- Android Transfer File To Mac App
- Android Data Transfer App Mac
- Android File Transfer App To Mac
- Android File Transfer For Mac Os
- Android File Transfer For Macbook
- Android File Transfer could not connect to device. Android File Transfer cannot access device storage. Android device not recognized by Android File Transfer. Not to worry, we are here to help you out with different methods to get around this problem. Before we start, make sure you have the latest Android File Transfer app installed on your Mac.
- Wireless Transfer App for Android is designed to help users wirelessly and quickly transfer photos from an Android device to another, from iOS to Android devices or from Android to iOS, from Android to PC or Vice Versa. Wireless Transfer App for Mac lets you easily and quickly download photos and videos from iPad/iPhone/iPod touch to Mac as.
- Jul 10, 2019 Android File Transfer can be used to view and transfer files between your Mac and an Android device. Browse the files and folders on your Android device, add folders, copy files up to 4 GB to or from your Mac, delete files, and more.
- Dec 12, 2019 To solve the Android File Transfer not working on Mac issue, you need to uninstall these incompatible applications. Fix 2: Reinstall the Android File Transfer App on Mac. If the Android File Transfer app is out-dated or corrupted, you can also encounter this issue of Android File Transfer.
Jul 29, 2019 Cloud Storage is an excellent method to transfer files from Android to PC and back again. There are a variety of services to choose from, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box.com,.
You can transfer Android files to Windows or Mac via USB cable or use the Android File Transfers app for Mac. However, if Android file transfer not working occurs, try the solutions mentioned in this post to fix it. For more related solutions, please visit the MiniTool home page.
Quick Navigation :
Using the USB connection is the most common way to connect a smartphone to a computer especially when you want to transfer files between devices.
For example, if you are using an Android phone, you can connect the device to your Mac or Windows computer, check the File transfers option on your Android device, and then transfer your Android files to your computer.
However, at times, you may discover that Android file transfer not working or responding happens after you have connected the two devices. This issue can happen on both Windows and Mac. If you are facing this issue currently and you want to fix it, you come to the right place.
In this post, we will talk about the Android file transfer not responding or working issue. No matter you are running Windows or Mac, you can find an available solution here.
Do you want to recover deleted files Android? This powerful and professional software, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, can be used to solve such an issue.
Why Android File Transfer Not Working on Mac/Windows
Many factors can cause the Android file transfer not responding/working on Windows 10 issue.
According to some users’ reports and feedbacks from the internet, incompatibility and absence of the required drivers or incompatible hardware are the top reasons for Android file transfer not working.
Of course, there may be some reasons related to the Android device, like the improper settings, outdated Android OS, and more.
To help you get rid of this issue, we collect some methods that are proved to be effective in this post. Usually, you are not sure that exact reason for Android file transfer not working on Mac/Windows. So, you can try these methods one by one to find a suitable solution.
Fix 1: Check the USB Port and Cable
A USB port and a USB cable are the necessary elements for Android data transfer. If they are defective, USB device not recognized Android/Android file transfer not working will happen naturally.
Usually, there is more than one USB port on your computer. When you are bothered by the Android file transfer not working on Mac/Windows issue, you can try another USB port to see whether it can work normally.
USB port not working? No matter you are using Windows 10/8/7 or Mac, you can read this article to find a proper solution to fix this issue.
On the other hand, we recommend using the original or genuine USB cable to establish the connection between your Android device and your computer. But, if the USB cable is at fault, you can also use another USB cable to have a try.
If this method is unavailable for Android file transfer not working on Mac/Windows, move on to the next one.
Fix 2: Allow USB Debugging
Allowing USB debugging on your Android phone is important for the connection between your Android device and the computer. To be specific, your computer will not detect your Android device successfully if this feature is not enabled.
So, when Android file transfer not working on Mac/Windows occurs, you can go to check whether the USB debugging is enabled. If not, you need to allow USB debugging with these steps:
- Open and unlock your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Tap the Build number 7 times to enable the developer mode.
- Tap the back button and you will see Developer options.
- Check the USB debugging option to enable it.
Fix 3: Enable File Transfers on Your Android Phone
If the File Transfer feature is not enabled on your Android phone, USB device not recognized Android will occur.
You may ignore this issue because you need to enable this feature on your Android device. But, you always pay attention to your computer instead after the connection.
So, just pick out your Android phone, unlock it and you will see a window about the USB connection. Tap USB for charging for more options and check File transfers to enable it.
Then, Android file transfer should work normally. However, if this issue persists, you can update your Android OS to fix Android file transfer not responding on Mac/Windows.
Fix 4: Update Android OS to the Latest Version
If you are still running the older Android OS, you can also encounter Android file transfer not working issue since the older version is not compatible with the related drivers on your computer.
Thus, you will need to update your Android OS to the latest version to fix USB device not recognized Android.
You can follow these steps to do the job:
- Tap Settings on your phone.
- Tap System > Advanced > System update.
- Follow the onscreen steps on your Android device to update the OS.
The above are 4 simple solutions. But, they may not work in all situations.
If they don’t work and you are running macOS, you can reboot your computer to have a try.
If you are running Windows OS, you need to consider the driver and hardware issue. Keep on reading to get some related solutions.
Is your SD card corrupted after Android update? If so, you can refer to this post to use MiniTool data recovery software to get the lost data back from SD card.
Fix 5: Update or Install the Required Drivers (Only for Win)
Device drivers are the important elements that allow the normal connection between the external device and your computer. If you don’t install the required drivers or the drivers are outdated, Android file transfer not working can easily happen.
The Android ADB drivers are the drivers you need to install or update. You can go to the official site of the Android ADB drivers to download and install the latest version on your computer. Then, you need to reboot your computer to check whether you can transfer files to your computer successfully.
Fix 6: Install MTP USB Device Driver Manually (Only for Win)
MTP, short for Media Transfer Protocol, is a part of the Windows Media Framework. It allows you to transfer files from your Android phone to your computer. If there is something wrong with Media Transfer Protocol, Android file transfer not working just happens without doubt.
You can follow these steps to install the MTP USB device driver manually:
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to this path: C:WindowsINF.
- Find the file called wpdmtp.inf. Right-click on it and choose Install from the popup menu.
It will take only a few seconds to complete the installation process. After that, you can restart your computer to see whether the Android file transfer not working issue is fixed.
Fix 7: Run the Troubleshooters (Only for Win)
Some users report that the Hardware Troubleshooter can also be used to fix Android file transfer not working issue.
Take Windows 10 as an example. You can follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows button and choose Settings.
2. Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
3. Find the Hardware and Devices section and click on it.
4. Press Run the troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will begin the detecting process automatically. After that, you can follow the wizard to complete the troubleshooting process.
After trying these methods, the Android file transfer not working issue should be solved. If not, you will need to ask a professional for help.
The APP Android File Transfer Not Working on Mac
Android File Transfer is a third-party that is used to browse and transfer files between your Mac computer and your Android device. You can see that it only has a Mac version.
You can download it from the official site of Android and install on your Mac to enjoy its convenient data transfer function.
When using it, you can encounter different kinds of issues like the app Android File Transfer Mac not working. You can first try the fix 1 to fix 4 to see whether you can solve this issue. If not, this issue can be caused by the following two reasons and you need to take some other measures.
- There are incompatible applications installed on your Android device or Mac computer.
- The Android File Transfer app is out-dated or corrupted.
Here are two relevant solutions and we will introduce them in the following content.
Fix 1: Uninstall Samsung Kies/Smart Switch on Mac
If you are using a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S7/S8/S5/S6/S4/Note 8 or Note 5, Android File Transfer will not work because the Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch applications installed on your Android device or Mac computer are not compatible with the Android File Transfer app.
To solve the Android File Transfer not working on Mac issue, you need to uninstall these incompatible applications.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Android File Transfer App on Mac
If the Android File Transfer app is out-dated or corrupted, you can also encounter this issue of Android File Transfer not working. To solve this issue effectively, you can reinstall this app on Mac. After the reinstallation, you should be able to use the Android File Transfer app as usual.
Still, if this method can’t help you out, you will need to ask a professional for help.
Android File Transfer Alternative for Windows
Cannot maximize apps mac osx. The Android File Transfer app is specially designed for Mac computer. If you are running Windows, you may ask: is there any available Android File Transfer alternative on Windows?
Of course, yes! You can try MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is a program that can find and save both deleted and existing files on your Android device and SD card. With the free edition of this software, you can save 10 files of one type once.
Press the following button to get this free Android File Transfer alternative for Windows.
To use this software to directly extract files from your Android device to your computer, you need to root your Android device in advance. Additionally, you need to close any other Android management software while you are using this Android File Transfer alternative for Windows.
Then, you can follow these steps to transfer files from Android to Windows:
1. Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable.
2. Open the software to enter its main interface.
3. Select the Recover from Phone module.
4. The software will automatically identify your Android phone and then enter the Device Ready to Scan Here, you need to choose a scan method. Read the introductions of these two scan methods and choose a suitable one based on your needs. Then, click Next.
5. The software will start the scanning process. When it ends, you will see a data type list of the left side of the interface. You can choose one data type from the list to see the detailed items in it. Then, you can select your needed files and then press Recover to save them on your computer.
If you want to use this software to transfer your Android files to Windows without limits, you can update it to a full edition.
Android File Transfer not responding is not a difficult issue. This article tells you several solutions. Try them to help you solve the issue. At the same time, an Android File Transfer alternative for Windows is also introduced here. You can try it when necessary.
Should you have any questions when dealing with Android File Transfer not working on Mac/Windows, you can just send an email to [email protected] or let us know in the comment. You can also share your suggestions here.
Android File Transfer Not Working FAQ
- Connect your Android to your computer via a USB cable.
- Unlock the device.
- Tap Charging this device via USB on your Android.
- Select File Transfer under Use USB for.
- You will see a file transfer window on your computer. Then, you can transfer your Android files.
- Connect your Android to your Mac via a USB cable.
- Unlock the device.
- Drag down the Notification Bar on the device.
- Select Connected as Mobile Device.
- Then, your Mac can successfully recognize your Android device.
- Download and install the application Android File Transfer on your Mac.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- Drag the app to Applications.
- Connect your Android phone to your Mac via a USB cable.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- View the files and folder on your Android device and then copy files.
One of the more common things people need to do is transfer files from their mobile device or tablet to their desktop. Sometimes it’s a photo, sometimes it’s a song, and many other times it’s some sort of document, presentation, or other file that needs transferred. There are actually quite a few ways to transfer files from Android to PC (and back again) and we’ll take a look at them here.
10 best cloud storage services and apps for Android!
10 best Android file explorer apps, file browsers, and file managers!
Price: Free / $1.99 per month / $19.99 per year / $38.99 per two years
AirDroid is one of the more popular apps to transfer files from Android to PC. It can do other stuff too. The features include sending and receiving SMS/MMS from your PC, see your device notifications, and much more. It can even find a lost phone, control the camera, and use apps. You’ll also be able to transfer files to your computer from your phone. You get the basic stuff for free. You’ll have to subscribe to the service to get everything. It’s not perfect, but it works well.
Android Transfer File To Mac App
Price: Free / Varies by app
Cloud Storage is an excellent method to transfer files from Android to PC and back again. There are a variety of services to choose from, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box.com, and others. Transferring files is easy enough. You upload the file to cloud storage on one device. You then download it on another device. Most cloud storage apps have their own dedicated apps. That makes the process easier. We have our best cloud storage apps list linked up toward the top of this article.
Feem is a simple app that does one thing very right. It transfers things from devices connected to the same WiFi network. That includes mobile phones, tablets, computers, laptops, or whatever else. Each device simply downloads Feem and runs it. From there, you can transfer whatever you want to and from those devices. The WiFi doesn’t need to be connected to the actual internet. A local network is all you really need. It’s simple, effective, cheap, and the Material Design looks nice. ShareIt is another app in this same style that does well.
Android Data Transfer App Mac
Price: Free / $4.99 per month / $39.99 per year
Portfolio Analyst for Mac Free to try MTH Software Mac OS X 10.4 Intel/PPC, Mac OS X 10.5 Intel/PPC, Mac OS X 10.6 Intel/10.7/10.8 Version 2.0.11 Full Specs Download Now Secure Download. Easy-to-use portfolio tracking software for macOS that helps you manage all of your investments in one place and stay on top of the stock market. Portfolio management software mac os x. Portfolio Management Software - StockMarketEye for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. StockMarketEye is our flagship product. It is an easy to use portfolio management software tool that helps you keep an eye on your investments and the markets. Track stocks and portfolios from most major world exchanges (New York, London, Toronto, SydneyParis, Frankfurt, Sydney and more) with auto-updating live. Enterprise-class Project Portfolio Management software designed for the Project Management Office. Ideal for teams with 50+ users, KeyedIn Projects combines a refreshingly simple interface with deep PPM functionality, for better resource management, portfolio analysis and planning.
Pushbullet is one of the best apps to transfer files from PC to Android and back. It can do a bunch of other stuff as well. That includes sending and receiving SMS/MMS messages, sharing your clipboard between devices, check notifications, and of course, file transfers. It isn’t as complex as some other services. However, this one just works. The free version gives you enough to send the occasional text or transfer small files. The pro version nets you all of the features. It goes for $4.99 per month.
Resilio Sync (formerly BitTorrent Sync) is kind of a wildcard. It works a lot like cloud storage. However, the cloud storage server is your own desktop or laptop. You can sync as much data as you’d like, transfer files back and forth at will, and a lot more. It should support Mac, Linux, and Windows as well. It’s definitely among the more secure options. Your stuff is never on a cloud server. It’s just your phone and your device talking to each other. The app is entirely free with no ads and no in-app purchases. This is the one we’d recommend first. It takes a bit to set it up, though.
5 best no root screenshot apps for Android and other methods!
5 Best Pushbullet Alternatives – sync files and notifications between mobile and PC
Non-app ways to transfer files
If apps aren’t your deal, there are still some other ways to transfer files from your PC to Android and vice versa.
Android File Transfer App To Mac
- Use Bluetooth – If your laptop has a Bluetooth module or if you have a Bluetooth dongle for your desktop or laptop, you can pair your device with your computer using Bluetooth and send files that way. The transfer rates are very slow. You’ll want to only use this solution for small files. You probably don’t want to use this for stuff like large videos or lots of files at once.
- USB On-The-Go – USB OTG cables allow you to connect your device to USB devices such as mice, keyboards, and external hard drives. That also includes flash drives. You can use the cable to transfer documents to your flash drive or external hard drive or off of those things on to your Android device. They’re also relatively cheap on sites like Amazon and eBay.
- Share to email – This only works with small files like photos or documents, but you can send most types of files over email. Most emails have a limit of around 25MB for attachments. It’ll work for the occasional photo.
- Share to chat – This works for a number of file types, especially if you use something like Discord, Slack, or Skype. You send yourself the file in a chat on one device and retrieve it on another. This should work for smaller files like photos. Skype and Slack have support for things like PDF files, archived (zipped) files, and other document types as well. It’s quick and it works fine for smaller stuff.
- Use your data/charging cable – This one is fairly obvious. Just plug your phone into your computer using the USB cable that comes with your charger. It should work for most stuff.
- Your micro SD card – Devices with micro SD card support can transfer files much like flash drives. You use a file manager app to move the files to the SD card, pop it out of your phone (after turning it off, of course), and then use an adapter to put it into your card reader on your laptop or a different adapter to connect it to your computer’s USB drive. You can find adapters for both variants easily on Amazon.
Android File Transfer For Mac Os
Thank you for reading! Here are some final app lists to check out!
5 best Android apps for screen recording and other ways too!
10 best productivity apps for Android!
5 best Android apps for screen recording and other ways too!
10 best productivity apps for Android!
Android File Transfer For Macbook
If we missed any of the best methods or apps to transfer files from Android to PC, tell us about them in the comments! You can also click here to check out our latest Android app and game lists!