The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive. Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer. The Good The Western Digital My Book Live NAS server is easy to use, fast, and affordable. It also comes with mobile applications to share photos on the go. The Bad The WD My Book Live's hard. My book live duo free download - My Book Live, Blue Star Duo, Live Video Chat Private & Duo, and many more programs. Our software library provides a free download of My Book Live Setup 22.214.171.124 for Mac. The current installer available for download requires 512.6 MB of hard disk space. This free software for Mac OS X was originally created by WesternDigital. The program belongs to System Tools. The bundle id for this app is com.westerndigital.My-Book-Live-Setup.
Jun 08, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help - WD My Book Data Recovery!
Up to0.5%cash back Shop for My Book Duo at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. There are non-Apple solutions available – this article explains how to set up Apple’s Time Machine on a Western Digital My Book Live. Buy a My Book Live. I picked up a 2 Tetrabyte one up for $221 from amazon.com., shipped to Australia for $317 – compare that to Apple’s Time Capsule at $649, there’s quite a difference.
Relax! Data on your Western Digital My Book external hard drive might be lost because of unintentional deletion, system error, drive formatting, virus infection and even improper operation. As long as your music and photos are not overwritten by new data on your WD My Book external hard drive, you can possibly get them back. They are just marked as inaccessible data on your drive. When data loss happens, you just need to look for a Western Digital data recovery program to help you get files from the WD external hard disk immediately.
- Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
- Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
Recoverit Data Recovery is my best recommendation for you. This third-party WD recovery program enables you to recover data from WD My Book external hard drive in an easy and safe way. It is the powerful Western Digital data recovery software that helps you recover almost all types of files from your WD My Book external hard drive, such as music, photos, videos, documents, etc, no matter your file is deleted, formatted or corrupted.
Recoverit - The Best Western Digital Data Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from WD external hard disk effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
1. Video: Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
In this video, we demonstrate to you the way of recovering lost or deleted files from WD external hard drive. Watch it and you will get to know the procedure in detail.
2. How to Recover Data from WD External Hard Disk
Free download and install Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer. The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive.
Push notification app for mac. Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer.
- Select a data recovery mode
- Select the location of WD My Book external hard drive
- Scan your WD My Book external hard drive
- Recover files from WD My Book external hard drive
To recover lost, deleted, formatted and corrupted files from your WD My Book external hard drive, you can go to select 'External Devices Recovery' to start.
You just need to select the drive letter for your WD My Book external hard drive in the window and click 'Start' button to begin scanning lost data on it.
If the first scan cannot search your data, you can go to deep scan with 'All-around Recovery' data recovery mode which will deeply search more data and take more time.
In the end, detected data on your Werstern Digital external hard drive will be displayed in program window. You can view file names to check how many of your lost data can be recovered from your WD My Book external hard drive.
Free typing test software for mac windows 7. Oct 15, 2017 Free download Typing Speed Test Typing Speed Test for Mac OS X. Typing Speed Test - Typing Test Widget is so attractive for each age group. KeyBlaze Free Mac Typing Tutor for Mac aims to help users increase their typing speed and precision through available lessons, tests, and a couple of games.
Then you just need to mark files you want and click 'Recover' to save them to your computer.
Note: Please do not save them back to your WD My Book external hard drive immediately after recovery process.
Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Western Digital external hard drive is well-known for its reliability and durability. But nothing can be used repeatedly without any wear and tear. WD My Book external hard disk is no exception. Some issues might happen with a WD external hard disk, such as hard drive crash, undetected WD hard drive, bad sector etc. Yet how do you know if the external hard drive is damaged or fails? Here we list some ways to help you make a correct diagnosis before deciding to repalce it and recover lost data.
- Make sure the WD external hard drive is securely connected to the computer through a tough power cable and data cable. If it does but you can't access the data, it might mean the Western Digital drive is damaged.
- Notice whether there are abnormal noises, like clicking, gringding and scratching, when WD My Book is working. If yes, you might need to consider backing up or recovering data from the WD hard drive immediately.
- Verify the computer you are using is working normally. Sometimes the computer crash can cause inaccessible data and external hard drive. So you can connect WD My Book to another healthy computer.
These ways can help you simply check whether your Western Digital My Book hard drive is damaged or not, so as to prevent you going into atray. Besides, if you want to use an external hard drive for a longer time, you should take good care of it. Here are what you can do to protect your Western Digital My Book external hard drive.
- It is better to unplug Western Digital external hard drive with the computer off.
- Hold the side of a WD hard drive to avoid touching the PCB connectors or assembly.
- Do not shock your WD external hard disk such as dropping, jolting, or shaking the drive.
- Don't put anything light or heavy on the top of your Western Digital My Book hard drive.
Bad External Hard Drive Troubleshooting:
The Bottom Line
With the best professional data recovery software - Recoverit Data Recovery, a variety of data can be recovered from Western Digital My Book external hard drive without much effort. This data undelete software can let you get rid of the worries about data loss anytime anywhere. So if you suffer from some issues with Western Digital My Book hard drive which cause data loss, don't panic. Download the WD data reocvery program and start retrieving lost files back.
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive
Be part of bedtime
Get the group together
More fun with the
Send a little love
Keep each other motivated
Make video calls
Capture special moments
Keep calls private with end-to-end encryption
My Book Live Duo Firmware
My Book Duo Live
1Based on Signals Research Group technical study comparing video degradation time over 3G, LTE, and Wi-Fi.
2Requires sign-in with a Google account.