On Windows 10, the Mail app comes with the Calendar companion, and together they offer the default experience to manage multiple email accounts and calendars on your device.
Although the app offers a great experience for most users, it's not for everyone. But if you try to remove it, the Settings app won't allow let you because it's a built-in app.
Luckily, you can use the PowerShell command-line tool to remove the Mail app on Windows 10 permanently or reinstall it to fix sync and other issues.
In this Windows 10 guide, we' walk you through the steps to uninstall the Mail app on your device. And we outline the steps to get it back in case you change your mind or you're just trying to troubleshoot issues.
Apr 05, 2016 To make matters worse, the To field in the Mail app only shows his first and last name, so the email address the Mail app chooses is out of sight and out of mind until I send the email and fail to get a reply in a timely manner. Sometimes it’s too late until I figure out I sent the message to the wrong email address. Bummer Well, macOS lets you delete email addresses from Mac Mail history. Aug 28, 2018 Add or remove VIPs on Mac. With your Mail app open, select or open a message from a sender you want to add to your VIPs. 1) To the right of the sender’s name (or email), tap the down arrow. 2) In the pop-up menu, click Add to VIPs.
- Jul 13, 2020 EssentialCommand is classified as a potentially unwanted app for Mac. It appears like a normal app, but it may cause unpleasant pop-ups and redirects on your Mac. Be aware, that EssentialCommand may be able to affect the browsers Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Opera. It may they perform unwanted activities on your Mac.
- The Mail application in Mac OS X and macOS completes a recipient's email address as you start typing it in the To, Cc, or BCC fields of an email if you used it before or entered it on a Contacts card.If you have used more than one address for that person, Mail displays all the options beneath the name as you type it, and you click on the one you want to use.
- Apple Mail - Removing Messages from the Server To have your Apple Mail remove messages from the server when you check mail (using POP), you will follow these steps: After opening the Apple Mail program, click on 'Mail' from the menu at the top.
How to uninstall the Mail app using PowerShell
If you're having issues with the Mail app, and the reset option isn't working, or you want to get rid of the app, you can uninstall it using PowerShell with these steps:
Apps for my mac. If you want a free calendar app, Apple’s built-in one will work great. I love its natural language input, ability to see my Reminders lists, weather integration, etc. If offers some of the features you need, then it’s money well spent.
Important: Uninstalling the Mail app also removes the Calendar app, as it's part of the experience.
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the top result and select Run as Administrator.
Type the following command to uninstall the app and press Enter:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Remove-AppxPackage
Once you completed these steps, the Mail app and the Calendar companion experience will be removed from your device.
If you're getting rid of the Mail app because you don't like the experience, you can check out our guide highlighting the best alternative email apps for Windows 10.
How to install the Mail app using Microsoft Store
If you ever need to reinstall the default email app, you can use the Microsoft Store using these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Microsoft Store, click the top result to open the experience.
- Use the search box in the top right, search for Mail and Calendar, and click the top result.
Click the Install button.
After completing these steps, the Mail app, along with the Calendar app, will be available once again in your installation of Windows 10.
If you need help reconfiguring the app, you can use our guide that walks you through everything you need to know to get started with the Mail app.
This free web design software for Mac has a unique minimalistic interface making the workflow easy and intuitive. Create stunning websites, landing pages, online resumes and personal portfolios with tons of site blocks and pre-made templates available completely free of charge. To give your website more individual look, you can customize its. Oct 08, 2017 Top 10 Best Open Source Web Design Software. Open Source Web Design Software lets a designer layout a web page using differing shapes, color differing parts of a page’s elements, and design graphical items to put on the page. Free open source web design software mac.
More Windows 10 resources
For more helpful articles, coverage, and answers to common questions about Windows 10, visit the following resources:
Delete Mail App From Macbook
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.It's finally time!
Halo 3 on PC launches early on Steam and Windows 10
Delete Mail App From Mac
Halo 3 was slated to release during the afternoon of July 14, but 343 Industries decided to give it to us a little earlier! Here's everything you need to know.